This head-turning bow tie was handcrafted from natural, color-saturated feathers for a distinctive look. Utilizing pheasant feathers, this one-of-a-kind statement piece offers dapper style with just the right touch of rustic appeal.
- Handcrafted by Brackish in Charleston, S.C. Each tie takes 4 to 5 hours to complete. Every feather is hand selected by artisans, making no two ties exactly alike.
- No dyes are used, giving each feather bow tie a unique coloring.
- Wrap around adjustable hook, fits sizes 11" to 20”.
- Bow dimensions are 2.5” tall by 4.5” wide.
- Feathers are all-natural and sustainably sourced.
- Packaged with care in a hand-branded, pine gift box. Includes a list of the feathers used and instructions on how to care for your tie.
The New-York Historical Society's past exhibition, Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife, is the inspiration for the NYHistory Store's merchandise featuring ethically and sustainably sourced feathers. The exhibition, exploring the history of the ground-breaking Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918, examines the circumstances that inspired early environmentalists—many of them women and New Yorkers—to champion the protection of endangered birds. It regulated the nation’s commercial plume trade, which had decimated many American bird species to the point of near extinction.