Though often referred to by its nickname, Cleopatra's Needle, this ancient artifact was in fact commissioned by Pharaoh Thutmosis III around 1500 BC in celebration of his 3rd jubilee (or the 30th year of his reign). Two of these obelisks were constructed, and, around 12BC, they were transported from Heliopolis, Egypt to Alexandria, Rome. The pair was separated in the late 19th century; one was sent to London and another to New York City, both by the Khedive of Egypt in exchange for aid in modernizing his country.
- Solid brass, electro-plated with non-tarnishing silver finish, giclee print.
- 1" W x 3.50" L